Quality childcare is our priority at the Y, and our after school programs are great for working parents. We strive to provide a positive atmosphere for children with activities that teach honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility. Our staff is made up of well-trained adults who enjoy working with children. Our after school programs serve children ages 5 to 12 and are open on all regular days of school (by district) Monday thru Friday from 3:00-6:00pm. Each day, children will receive a nutritious snack and daily activity choices such as arts and crafts, sports, swimming, computers, literature, cooking, community service projects, games, homework help, and so much more!
Featured Positions with the Jamestown Area YMCA
Join our team!
We are presently hiring for the following positions:
- Lead Teacher @ Eastside Middle School Academy:
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:45-6:00; 3 extra hours for planning/staff meetings (We will work with the schedule of school based employees)
- Responsibilities: Generally overseeing the daily activities for 5th to 8th graders in the program. This includes leading enrichment/academic activities, overseeing entrance and exit of students, general record keeping, and guiding the flow of each day.
- Ideal Candidate: Spanish preferred (not required); Teaching experience/Classroom management experience; Knowledge/Experience in a School Age Child Care Program
- Contact: John Barber (Teen Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
- 664-2802 ext. 242
- Academic Tutor/Group Leader @ Eastside YMCA
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30
- Responsibilities: Primary responsibility: Providing hands on homework assistance and fluency development for 5th to 8th graders. Secondary Responsibility: Assisting the group leaders in supervision, daily routines and facilitation of group enrichment activities.
- Contact: John Barber (Teen Director)
- Teen Center Staff @ Jamestown YMCA (101 E. 4th St.)
- Schedule: Tuesday 3-7; Wednesday, Thursday 3-9
- Responsibilities: Supervision of teens at the Teen Center and delivery of Teen Center programing. Should have a good rapport with older students and a heart to be a mentor. Spanish preferred.
- Group Leader @ Ring Outstanding Kids
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:45-6:00 (Will work with schedule of school based employees)
- Responsibilities: General group leadership and planning of activities afterschool. Reports directly to the Site Director (Gina Bloomquist)
- Contact: Gina Bloomquist (School Age Child Care and Family Director): email@example.com; 664-2802 ext. 222
Part Time Position
YMCA Heritage House Child Care Center
Must be 18 year of age or older with experience working with preschool children
Hours vary Monday – Friday
Apply in person 155 Prather Ave in Jamestown
Apply in person by returning this employment application to either the Jamestown or Lakewood YMCA, or email the director in charge, as provided in the write up. Applications also available at the Jamestown and Lakewood YMCA Welcome Centers.
YMCA Heritage House Child Care Center
The YMCA Heritage House Child Care Center, located at 155 Prather Avenue in Jamestown, serves children from infant to school age including infants (6 weeks to 18 months), toddlers (18 months to 2 years), and Preschool (3-5 years). The staff is made up of certified teachers and well-trained assistants who are committed to providing an atmosphere of exploration and discovery for every child.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Daily rate – $45.00
Full-time, weekly rate – $185.00
UPK + full time wrap care $100
Registration: Call 488-4500 or 338-3825 or stop in
Heritage House Brochure 2014
Ages: Ages 5 to 12
Y Kids is the place to be for your 5-12 year old on days when there is no school! We provide tons of interactive, challenging activities with cool themes, great trips, and top-notch supervision in a fun atomsphere. Children should bring a lunch, a morning and afternoon snack, swim suit, towel, gym shoes, and refillable water bottle. See below for days and times.
November 11, 25
December 23, 28, 29, 30, 31
February 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
March 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
The program begins at 7:30 – 5:30 and follows the Jamestown School calendar in regard to days off from school.
Bring: lunch, morning and afternoon snack, swimsuit and towel.
*pre-register with child’s immunization records in person at the Welcome Center at least 1 week in advance.
Call Gina Bloomquist at 664-2802 ext. 222 for more information.
Snow days as needed 8:15am-5:30pm
7:30am-5:30pm Full days off from school
Member: $ 30
Potential Member: $35
Y Kids Registration Form
Ages: 6 weeks to 9 years
Childwatch services are offered free of charge to YMCA Family and Youth members while you work out. Toys, games, videos, crafts, and coloring make your child’s stay fun. Please call ahead to make reservations. Two-hour time limit.
AM Hours – ages 6 weeks to 6 years
Monday & Wednesday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am – 11:30 am
Saturday 8:45 am – 11:30 am
PM Hours – ages 6 weeks to 9 years
Monday – Thursday 3:50 pm – 8:00 pm
Registration: Ongoing via phone at 664-2802, ext.241
Family & Youth Members: Free
Adult Members w/non-member child:
$3.50 first child/$5.00/two or more children per visit
$3.50 first child/$5.00two or more children per visit
After School Programs
Grades: K-5th Grade
Quality childcare is our priority at the YMCA. We strive to provide a positive atmosphere for children with activities that teach honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility. Our staff is made up of well-trained adults who enjoy working with children. Our program is open on all regular days of school (by district) Monday through Friday 3 to 6 p.m.
Sites: Love and Ring Schools
Member/Potential Member: Call for info