The Jamestown YMCA has been a cornerstone in the Jamestown community for over 150 years. With three floors of exercise equipment, pools, gyms, an extensive group exercise schedule, indoor track, and much more, the Jamestown YMCA is ideal for the fitness minded.
FULL FACILITY HOURS:
Monday – Friday – 5:30 AM – 10:00 PM
Saturday – 5:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday – 1:00 PM- 5:00PM
Y EXPRESS HOURS
Monday – Friday – 5:30 AM – 11:00 PM
Saturday – 5:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday – 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Independence Day, July 4 (Jmst Y only)
Y Express open 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Labor Day, September 5, 2016
Thanksgiving Day, November 24, 2016
Christmas Day, December 25, 2016
New Year’s Day, Jan. 1
ADDRESS & PHONE
101 East Fourth Street
Jamestown, NY 14701
PH: (716) 664-2802
FAX: (716) 488-7680
Featured Positions with the Jamestown Area YMCA
Join our team!
We are presently hiring for the following positions:
- Lead Teacher @ Eastside Middle School Academy:
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:45-6:00; 3 extra hours for planning/staff meetings (We will work with the schedule of school based employees)
- Responsibilities: Generally overseeing the daily activities for 5th to 8th graders in the program. This includes leading enrichment/academic activities, overseeing entrance and exit of students, general record keeping, and guiding the flow of each day.
- Ideal Candidate: Spanish preferred (not required); Teaching experience/Classroom management experience; Knowledge/Experience in a School Age Child Care Program
- Contact: John Barber (Teen Director) email@example.com
- 664-2802 ext. 242
- Academic Tutor/Group Leader @ Eastside YMCA
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30
- Responsibilities: Primary responsibility: Providing hands on homework assistance and fluency development for 5th to 8th graders. Secondary Responsibility: Assisting the group leaders in supervision, daily routines and facilitation of group enrichment activities.
- Contact: John Barber (Teen Director)
- Teen Center Staff @ Jamestown YMCA (101 E. 4th St.)
- Schedule: Tuesday 3-7; Wednesday, Thursday 3-9
- Responsibilities: Supervision of teens at the Teen Center and delivery of Teen Center programing. Should have a good rapport with older students and a heart to be a mentor. Spanish preferred.
- Group Leader @ Ring Outstanding Kids
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:45-6:00 (Will work with schedule of school based employees)
- Responsibilities: General group leadership and planning of activities afterschool. Reports directly to the Site Director (Gina Bloomquist)
- Contact: Gina Bloomquist (School Age Child Care and Family Director): firstname.lastname@example.org; 664-2802 ext. 222
Part Time Position
YMCA Heritage House Child Care Center
Must be 18 year of age or older with experience working with preschool children
Hours vary Monday – Friday
Apply in person 155 Prather Ave in Jamestown
Apply in person by returning this employment application to either the Jamestown or Lakewood YMCA, or email the director in charge, as provided in the write up. Applications also available at the Jamestown and Lakewood YMCA Welcome Centers.
Men’s Over 40 Basketball League
The men’s league is designed for fun, friendship, and good clean competition. The league is a 4-on-4 draft format with games being played on Thursday nights in the Jamestown YMCA upper gym 6 to 9 p.m. Only registered players will be eligible to participate in the league. A maximum of 6 teams and minimum of four teams will be required. Season runs 8 to 10 weeks plus playoffs.
Ages: Ages 40 & older
Location: Jamestown Upper Gym
Play begins in October.
Potential Member: $60
Free 8th Grade YMCA Memberships
Yes – you read it right! The Jamestown and Lakewood YMCAs are offering free school-year memberships for all 8th graders that live in Chautauqua County from September through June. Registering is easy – stop by either YMCA with your parent/guardian, school schedule and identification and you are all set to put fun and play into your day at the YMCA! Spread the word to your friends and family!
Group Exercise Classes
Ages: 14 and older
Add a dose of high energy and motivation to your workouts with group exercise classes. Our dynamic classes are a fun and alternative to traditional workouts. Classes include
Active Older Adult Exercise, Cardio Kickboxing, Power Pump, Bootcamp, High Intensity Circuit, Water Exercise, Stability Ball, Yoga, Zumba®, Aqua Zumba®, Zumba® Toning, and Cycle Hollyloft.
Potential Member: $10 per class or $76 per 8-week session
Jamestown YMCA Group Exercise Schedule